Tuesday, 7 January 2014

Twinned



The BBC showed an adaptation of THE THIRTEENTH TALE over Christmas.  I haven't read Diane Setterfield's book - though my wife has and was full of praise - but I really enjoyed the film.

The acting was first rate - from all concerned, but especially from Vanessa Redgrave, Olivia Coleman and Madeleine Power who played the younger version of both twins. The locations were excellent too, and it was beautifully shot.  So often these things are shot under incongruous blue skies, but they weren't afraid to film under leaden clouds and it made it all the more atmospheric.

I can say almost nothing about the plot without spoiling it for anyone watching so I will just say that it had a lovely fairy tale feel to it whilst still clinging to the possible (just).  It had some genuinely creepy moments too.

Lets have a bit more of this kind of thing, BBC

No comments:

Post a Comment