Friday, 16 August 2013

More illustrations searching for a story....




Another couple of experiments from the studio.  They are not for anything exactly - they are just images that popped into my head.  In fact the skull-headed woman started off with a perfectly normal head when I started the picture.

I have a lot of plans for illustrated books and I need to get myself back into a way of working that will suit those ideas.  Readability is hugely important in illustration, clearly - if it is important to the image that a figure is smiling rather than scowling, then that must be clear.  But often this clarity becomes a kind of pedantry.  That is what I'm trying to avoid.




2 comments:

  1. They're both rather creepy - particularly the woman with the skull head if you scroll back up the page after reading the words!

    ReplyDelete