Friday, 16 November 2012

Ghosts


I'm off to Halifax this weekend - or, more properly, Dean Clough - for the Halifax Ghost Story Festival.

A bit of a tortuous journey from cambridge but I'm looking forward to it.  It is mainly a celebration of M R James this time, and I am looking forward to hearing Jonathan Miller talk about his famous 1968 film for the BBC, Whistle and I'll Come to You.

I'm also looking forward to seeing Lawrence Gordon Clark again.  Several of his films for the BBC Ghost Story for Christmas strand are being shown and I will be introducing The Stalls of Barchester Cathedral on Sunday.

Added to which I am reading my own The Demon Bench End, happily acknowledging my own debt to M R James and to Lawrence Gordon Clark whose lovely, creepy films were my first encounter with those fantastic stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment