Monday, 15 October 2012

Festival by ferry

I got back from the inaugural Isle of Wight Literary Festival on Saturday evening after doing my spot there on Saturday at one o'clock.  I had a great time.  The organisers were incredibly welcoming and enthusiastic.  Considering it was their first festival it all looked to be going pretty well with lively audiences and well-attended events.

I never seem to see anyone else's gigs when I go to festivals but I saw two things in the same evening after I had checked in to my hotel.  I saw Louise de Bernieres (of Captain Corelli's Mandolin fame) singing and playing old English lute music and then later over dinner heard Rebecca Chance read a 'saucy extract' from her novel Bad Sisters.

It was a beautiful morning on Saturday and after a night in which a gas leak had resulted in a road drill rattling away near my window at two in the morning, I was happy to mooch around Cowes, hopping over on the chain ferry to east Cowes and then hopping back in time for my event.






















No comments:

Post a Comment