Friday, 9 March 2012

Summer shows









I have been framing up some paintings old and new in the last few weeks.  I am entering the Royal Academy Summer Show this year and I am also doing the Cambridge Open Studios again.  I will probably enter a couple more open shows and I will be taking part in Chris and Jo Riddell's open house exhibition in Brighton in May.

A lot of my work has been in storage while we rented in our last house and it has been really enjoyable to discover that much of it was better than I remembered it being.  I am a very harsh critic of my own work - you have to be to get any better - but that can sometimes spill over into a debilitating lack of confidence or worth.  The 'What's the point?' demon is sitting on the shoulder of all creative people I think - but painters are particularly susceptible to its taunts.  But today I feel pretty positive.

I will post the new work as it happens and I'll let you know how I get on at these open shows.

2 comments:

  1. OMG U paint as well! I really love them actually, I like their atmosphere, very you. Ignore that bad demon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! But that's the thing about demons - they can't be ignored!

    ReplyDelete