Thursday, 27 October 2011

Crazy week, crazy month

This week has been full of distractions.  We are attempting to to move, having rented this house for five years now and have all the business of finance, surveyors and so on to deal with.  The house we rent is on the market and we have to endure the presence of agents and possible purchasers trooping through the house.  Added to which our car has all but died and we are in the process of replacing it.  And I am still getting to grips with my new Mac, bought to replace my

As if that were not enough, I have spent the week writing posts for a blog tour, answering several Q&As, written a Top Ten list of horror short stories for the Guardian website and written a short piece for the TES.

October is traditionally a bit of a crazy time for me.  It is my publication month and so there is inevitably a bit of promotion to be done, but as well as that I am reviewing the feedback on my book for next October - The Mask - and sorting out the synopsis and sample chapters of the one for 2013!

People are often surprised to find that a writer is working on two books at once, but it is not unusual to be working on three.  And we are always thinking of stories, scribbling in notebooks and so on.  As I have said before it is a (reasonably) benign form of madness.

No comments:

Post a Comment