Wednesday, 12 October 2011

And the award for most nominations goes to. . .


I am in the running for three awards at the moment.


The Dead of Winter has been shortlisted for the Salford Book Award and longlisted for the UKLA Children's Book Award in the 12-16 category.  It is always a real honour to be nominated for any award.  It is frankly an honour to be noticed - there are so many great books out there.  I will keep you posted about my progress - or lack of it.

Uncle Montague's Tales of Terror has been nominated for an award in it's German translation - Onkel Montagues Schaurgeschichten.  I am reliably informed that the Deutscher Jugendliteraturpreis is very prestigious and just as with the Dutch award this time last year, it is particularly satisfying, somehow, to feel that the books have made such a successful migration to other countries.  My translators are clearly making me look good.

The award ceremony takes place at the Frankfurt Book Fair this coming Friday and I am flying over to attend.  I had hoped that the Tales of Terror illustrator, David Roberts, would be joining me, but sadly he can't make it.  It is my first visit to a book fair and my first visit to Germany.

I'll let you know how I get on.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!
    That reminds me, look what I've found in a Prague book-store!
    http://img805.imageshack.us/img805/8752/talesofterrorum.jpg
    I had no idea it was translated into Czech. So now I have a great Christmas present for my cousin :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great - thanks for that Petra. Hope your cousin enjoys it!

    ReplyDelete