Monday, 8 August 2011

No more rat poison

I had been signed off by my consultant at Addenbrookes Hospital here in Cambridge. I no longer have to take warfarin, which means I also no longer have to have my fortnightly blood tests. I won't miss those.  No more needles, no more rat poison.

I will also no longer be taking statins every night. I have not escaped entirely though. I have been put on a regime of a single dose of aspirin every day, for life.  But considering everything, I got off lightly.

Again, thank you to the wonderful National Health Service. We don't have much to boast about in the UK, but a health service that treats everyone based on their need rather than their bank balance is still something to be very proud of and something that needs to be cherished and protected.

No comments:

Post a Comment