Friday, 26 August 2011

Edinburgh

I have just returned from my event at the Edinburgh International Book Festival. Edinburgh is such a great city.  I stupidly forgot to bring my camera with me so I can't show what a grand city it is to anyone who hasn't been.  But that's all the more reason for you to go and have a look for yourselves.

I did a public event yesterday and a schools event today. Both went very well.  I stayed in a very comfortable and surprisingly quiet hotel a stones throw from the festival site and the weather was mostly kind to me.  The whole experience was very, very pleasant.  Thanks to everyone at the festival for running such a smooth operation. 

I was taken aback a little by the size of the schools event crowd. I'm not sure how many I was expecting to be talking to, but I could not have had a nicer audience.  They were attentive and responsive and asked lots of good questions.  A big thank you to all the staff and students who came along and making the event such a success. 

No comments:

Post a Comment