Thursday, 16 June 2011

A moated manor house






Being a location scout is definitely part of the process of writing for me. Wherever I go, I see places that I know will get filed away as possible locations for future stories. The book I'm writing at the moment - The Mask - was stimulated by a visit to Amsterdam last year. The location itself suggested the story and dictated many of the story elements.

On the way back from Wales we stopped off at Lower Brockhampton House on the Herefordshire/Worcestershire borders. What a beautiful place. We went for a walk in the grounds before visiting the house and we were its last visitors of the day. What a fantastic setting for a story. I will be amazed if I do not return here, even if it's only in my imagination - and in my writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment