Monday, 6 June 2011

Hay and beyond

I have just returned to Cambridge from a week in Wales. I had an event at the Hay Literary Festival and we decided to make a week of it. We stayed in a lovely barn conversion near Lampeter, which did mean a very long drive to and from Hay, but did mean we could get to the coast where - as you can see - we spotted dolphins. We also went to the fantastic red kite feeding session at Gigrin Farm near Rhayader. Absolutely amazing.

Thanks to all of you who came along to see me in Hay - especially those of you who stopped for a chat in the street. Thanks for all your supportive comments. And a big thanks to the organisers for inviting me and for my minder, Rhiannon (apologies if I've spelled your name wrong) for looking after me so well. Thanks too to my hosts, Malcolm and Shirley Smith, at the lovely George House where I stayed on the night of my event.

































2 comments:

  1. I'm wondering how close we were to passing in the street. We spent last week at St David's, visiting the welcoming Jackie Morris in her house of dragons and pottering round the coast path and beaches, then stopped off at Hay to see the Keren David and Peter Cocks YA thriller event on Saturday on our way home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next time I'll wear a sandwich board with my name on! I enjoyed Hay. I'd never been before and wasn't quite prepared for how mad it was. It was pretty raucous in the street outside my B&B until way past three in the morning. Maybe see you next year - hope so!

    ReplyDelete