Thursday, 17 March 2011

Deutscher Jugendsliteraturpreis


I am very pleased to announce that the German translation of Uncle Montague's Tales of Terror - Onkel Montagues Schauergeschichten - has been nominated for the Deutscher Jugendliteraturpreis. The book is published by Bloomsbury in Germany.

David Roberts and I have been invited to the awards ceremony at the Frankfurt Book Fair in October. The winners are not announced until then. It will give me a chance to meet my editors over there and hopefully to thank my translator, Beatrice Howeg, who has obviously done a very good job.

9 comments:

  1. Congrats! One more reason for me to visit the Frankfurt book fair.
    I'm German and out of the nominated books I've only heard of and read yours. Hope you'll win :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I hope so too. Come and say hi if you do come to Frankfurt. I'm probably going to be doing some sort of event there - a reading or something (though maybe not in German!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll totally do that :D I don't know yet if I can make it, Frankfurt is pretty far away from me (= Berlin) :/ Maybe you'll do a whole tour through Germany though :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delightful though that sounds, I think it's probably just going to be Frankfurt. Maybe if I win! I have never been to Germany so I'm looking forward to it - although I gather the Frankfurt Book Fair is not Germany's nicest landmark. Actually this will be my first visit to ANY book fair.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Berlin is a much nicer city to visit ;))

    I'm actually attentind my first book fair tomorrow in Leipzig and I'm really excited.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have fun. And I would love to come to Berlin. One day maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks and make sure to announce it on your blog in time if you ever come to the greatest German city :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Chris, I came across your book in a bookstore here in India and was immediately drawn to it. I love tales of the spooky kind and thoroughly enjoyed your book. All the best and looking forward to more of your writings! :)

    Warm Regards,
    Nadine

    ReplyDelete
  9. I certainly will announce it!

    And thanks Nadine - love the idea of you happening across my book in India. Glad you like the tales and thanks for getting in touch.

    ReplyDelete