Monday, 28 February 2011

Blog tour

Ow, ow, ow.

The blood test was another three hole affair this morning as the nurse tried to extract blood from a stony-faced author. The big difference with the nurse at the GPs and the guy at the hospital was that the nurse was pleasant throughout and that's pretty much all you can hope for. We all know things are going to go less than perfectly, but that is just when you want some warmth from whoever is dealing with you. We can all be pleasant when things are going well.

Anyway, blood was eventually sucked out of me and will wing its way to the hospital for the tests. Time will tell.

I was quoted in my old paper, the Independent on Sunday, yesterday. When I say 'my' I just mean I used to work there. I did a strip with Chris Riddell at the Sindy for a few years and I took over as political cartoonist when Chris left to go to The Observer (although I subsequently allowed myself to be persuaded by Chris to follow him there).

Inbali Iserles was writing an article about the growth of horror and 'paranormal romance' in teen and YA fiction and asked me for my thoughts - I had many, but she wisely chose to ignore most of them and give more space to Mary Hoffman.

I'm off on a blog tour this week, organised by Ian Lamb, my publicist at Bloomsbury. Each day this week, I will be guesting on somebody else's blog in anticipation of the launch of the rejacketed Tales of Terror series and of my World Book Day flipbook with Philip Reeve.

First stop is an interview today with The Book Zone. The blog post features this little promo from Bloomsbury.

2 comments:

  1. So glad to hear things are going well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey - thanks a lot Eric. Much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete