Monday, 11 October 2010

Back to the monkey


I am aware that I have broken off from working my way through the stories contained in Tales of Terror from the Black Ship and I want to return to them now. The Dead of Winter is not the only book of mine published this autumn. Tales of Terror from the Tunnel's Mouth is out now in paperback and I want to move on to talk about that book next.

The Monkey is one of those stories it is difficult to talk about in terms of the plot without spoiling it, but I can say that it would have seemed an opportunity missed had I not had at least one story in Tales of Terror from the Black Ship about pirates.

I mentioned the movie Alien a few posts back. Well, The Monkey too sinks its teeth into a similar vein. The crew of pirates find a deserted ship and get more than they bargained for when they go aboard. A monkey may not seem a very satisfactory monster, but you will need to read the story.

My wife is usually my first reader. Before I ever let the book leave the house, I like her to check through it. I duly gave her a copy of Tales of Terror from the Black Ship to read. A couple of days later, as I was working in my office, I heard a shriek from downstairs.

My wife had just reached the end of The Monkey.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Chris,
    My name is Holly Cooper and I am 12 years old, In English I got set an assignment on the book that we'd chosen from 'Booked up' as I had chosen 'Uncle Montague's Tales Of Terror' I decided to create a blog about it. If you can find the time please tell me what you think of it. My email address is emoqueen999@yahoo.co.uk. Here is the link to my blog: http://www.unclemontaguestalesofterror.blogspot.com/
    yours hopefully
    Holly Cooper

    ReplyDelete