Saturday, 5 June 2010

Wales










I have been in Wales with my wife and son all last week. We were staying in a cottage near Dolgellau. The cottage was in a lovely setting and we had glorious weather. We climbed Cadair Idris, visited crazy Portmeirion (setting for the cult 1960s series The Prisoner), walked besides waterfalls, rode on a narrow gauge steam train, strolled beneath the giant clipped yews of Powis Castle Gardens and saw so much wildlife. It was great.

But now its back to the real world. . .

3 comments:

  1. As a Welshman, I am a fierce evangelist for a holiday cottage company called Under The Thatch (http://www.underthethatch.co.uk/). Not sure if you know of them, but they are well worth checking out. They are not-for-profit saviours of crumbling, beautiful Welsh cottages. I don't even work for them; I just love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey that website is great. There are some lovely looking places there. Thanks for passing that on. It makes me want to go back immediately.

    ReplyDelete