Thursday, 7 January 2010

Cumbria update

I must apologise for not blogging about the Cumbria Book Appeal project for a while. There really did not seem to be much to say after I had announced the postponement, but I do want to impress on everyone that a) it is still very much on, and b) we still want as many people as possible to get on board.

Several authors and illustrators have joined since I last did a list and some people have been in touch, eager to send the books they have. Can I ask everyone to continue to be patient and hang on to those books. They are definitely wanted and they will get to Cumbria, I promise. But not quite yet.

I have not been in touch with anyone from the council yet as the snow has simply added to everyone's problems and there seems no point in even trying to discuss logistics yet. When the snow has gone and everything has calmed down, we will begin to talk about a date and so on.

In the meantime I am getting together a small number of people that I can run ideas past. I have never wanted this to be about me and a small committee will hopefully mean that we come up with the best possible solutions. The important thing here is that the books everyone donates are delivered in the most effective way.

More news when I have it.

1 comment:

  1. I have, as you requested, mentioned the Cumbrian Book Appeal on my own 'blog'. May I take this opportunity of wishing you and your reader a very happy new year.

    ReplyDelete