Tuesday, 6 October 2009

Kiss me, you bat-winged fool!


As I mentioned the other day, I have been looking at Max Ernst's Une Semaine de Bonte quite a bit recently. I have also been playing about with acrylics at my studio and, for the first time in a long time, began using them in glazes (having bought some glazing medium). I just wanted to remind myself of the possibilities of this technique and so I borrowed one of Ernst's images and did my own version of it.

It is not really a finished thing, but I quite like it. It feels odd putting work like this up for display, but I think it is like showing a sketchbook - it just gives those of you who might be interested, a little glimpse into my world. I have decided to have a go at doing more of these. I will do another version of this one I think - and I will do three more of the bat-winged characters from the book. The artwork is small - smaller than A4 (so that I can scan it myself) - and is acrylic on paper.

If the others turn out OK, I'll let you have a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment