Tuesday, 13 October 2009

Death of death ray

I was very saddened to get an email the other day announcing the death of the excellent Death Ray magazine (or at least its lapse into a coma). Shame on you all for not buying it. Death Ray have been good to me. I was to have appeared in its November issue. They were to run a story and a Q&A I did via email.

The straw that broke the camel's back obviously.

Proofs of The Dead of Winter arrived by jiffy bag. The book is edging ever closer to its publishing form. I'm actually looking forward to sitting down and reading it again.

That may seem odd - and I was actually asked once on a school visit, 'Have you read all of your books?' - but if you put the book aside for long enough, it is possible to read it with some degree of freshness. It is still yours, obviously. But it has also - hopefully - taken on a life of its own.

No comments:

Post a Comment