Tuesday, 29 September 2009

And we will walk and talk in gardens all misty wet with rain


There are times when I can't listen to Van Morrison. But I have reinstalled some of his songs on my iPod and those words from Sweet Thing on Astral Weeks - we shall walk and talk in gardens all misty wet with rain - well, I've always loved those lyrics.

And whilst I'm letting my freak flag fly, so to speak, I should also say that I was in Fopp the other day and there was a tune blasting out that I knew but couldn't place. It sounded great and I was a little taken aback to discover it was Melanie. Melanie! The same Melanie who burbled on about roller skates and keys. That Melanie. It was Lay Down (Candles in the Rain) and appears on A Monstrous Psychedelic Bubble Exploding In Your Mind, Vol 2, by Amorphous Androgynous which for some reason I didn't buy at the time, but I think I probably will. But download Lay Down immediately. It will make you feel better for the rest of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment