Monday, 29 June 2009

Booktrust teenage prize


It is very hot and sweaty here in Cambridge. Or at least it is hot and sweaty by Cambridge standards. Victorian terrace houses are not made for such conditions and become insufferably airless very quickly. Adding a glass-roofed extension – as has been in done in this house – only exacerbates matters.

I am blaming the heat for my addled brain today. Every task I have set myself has proved too much for me and I would have achieved as much had I sat with my feet in the Cam all day. Except I would have been cooler. And happier.

On the upside, I heard from Ian Lamb, via Sarah Odedina at Bloomsbury, that Tales of Terror from the Black Ship has been longlisted for the Booktrust Teenage Prize. We find out next month if it has made the shortlist. Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment