Wednesday, 24 June 2009

Carnegie (sort of) winner


There was a great sky over Cambridge today: a beautiful cobalt blue with Fra Angelico clumps of clouds here and there. I couldn't resist taking some photos.

I bumped into David Aaronovitch in Borders. He needed a bit of prompting to remember me, but we used to sit opposite each other a couple of days a week at the Independent when I was an illustrator and cartoonist there many years ago. David was in Cambridge to interview someone for the Times where he now works.

I forgot to mention that at the end of the day yesterday the students voted for their favourite book from the Carnegie Medal shortlist. The Knife of Never Letting Go came out on top (Bog Child came fourth). I must confess here that I haven't read Patrick Ness's book but the students here clearly liked it. The Carnegie Medal is announced tomorrow, so we'll see if the judges come to the same conclusion.

No comments:

Post a Comment