Thursday, 7 May 2009

They obey your commands (even when you hide far away)


Another ad from the 1970s.

I got an email from Sarah at Bloomsbury to say that Raben & Sjogren, the Swedish publisher of Uncle Montague's Tales of Terror, want to publish Tales of Terror from the Black Ship which is great news. I am reading Let The Right One In by John Ajvide Lindqvist so I am having something of a horror swap with Sweden.

Let The Right One In is particularly interesting to me at the moment because it has child protagonists in an urban setting and I am working on something similar. In fact I had a moment of panic when I began reading it because it opened in almost exactly the same way. But this is most definitely an adult book. It is not just creepy, it is very, very dark.

2 comments:

  1. People from Sweden are very lucky, unlike Frenche people, because they are going to be able to read your books !

    I've just read "Uncle Montague's tales of terror" in English and I loved it (couldn't put it down till I reached the end !) and I think it's a pity for French readers that don't read English to be deprived of your work ! I hope some French editors will do something about that so all the French children and adults will discover the terrifying world you create in your books :)

    PS : Sorry for my English ... it's always easier to read than to write ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your English is a lot better than my French! What a lovely comment to leave. Thanks Joelle. I really appreciate it. I hope a French publisher picks the books up too. I would be honoured to frighten French children.

    ReplyDelete