Monday, 16 March 2009

Swedish tales of terror


I think I'm right in saying that the Swedish edition of Uncle Montague's Tales of Terror is published today by Raben and Sjogren, which is great. I haven't seen a copy yet, but I hope I will soon.

I have been going through the proofs for Tales of Terror from the Tunnel's Mouth yet again. I am still finding errors, so it is worth doing. But Isabel Ford got in touch from Bloomsbury today asking if I'd finished with them, so I need to get them sorted once and for all. I'll quickly get to the end, then write up all the errors and changes and get them back to her.

Then I will be able to devote all my time to new stuff. I am working on a synopsis for Bloomsbury and once I have that done I will write a couple of chapters. I am also working on some short stories I have had rattling round in my head for some time. They are very different from the Tales of Terror stories. I will tell you more about them another time.

Of course, if I am the only person who thinks there is any value in these stories, you may never hear about them again.

2 comments:

  1. Do you know that in Italy the same image cover of your book has been used by Newton Compton for another book ("Gli incubi di Hazel"- Hazel's phantasmagoria - Leander Deeny)? Why do you think it has been possible? It create some confusion, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No - I had no idea. Thanks for telling me. I have no idea why this has happened and I will be looking into it as soon as possible. I agree with you - it is confusing and should clearly never have happened.

    ReplyDelete