Thursday, 19 March 2009

And so it begins. . .


I suppose all writers are a teeny bit mad, and writers of uncanny tales possibly crazier than most. But it still came as a shock when I was printing out some photos and my ink jet printer seemed to be saying 'Do it now! Do it now!' over and over again.

I await further instructions. . .

I finally sent off the corrections and amendments on the proofs for Tales of Terror from the Tunnel's Mouth. A couple of days late, but it is more important that they are right. I'll talk to Isabel next week and go through them with her on the phone. Then that will be that until October.

I wonder if David Roberts has done any illustrations yet. I saw a rough for the cover when I was in Bloomsbury and that looked great. When I get a proof of that I'll show you what it looks like.

I also emailed Ian Lamb at Bloomsbury just to confirm that I am shortlisted for the North East Book Award and he assures me I am. There is an awards do at the end of April in Newcastle. So Uncle Montague is still up for the Carnegie, the Calderdale and the North East Book Awards. Surely it must win something?

Surely?

2 comments:

  1. If there's any justice, Uncle Montague should! Great book! I remember dancing to the rhythm of a photocopier but as a rule, PC peripherals don't talk to me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jon. I really appreciate that. Dancing to the rhythm of the photocopier eh? Suddenly I don't feel quite so crazy after all.

    ReplyDelete