Thursday, 1 January 2009

Happy new year

So here we are at the start of another year. . .

There is always that strange mixture of excitement and melancholy - well, for me anyway. I understand that the notion that January 1st is in any way the start of something new is totally spurious as the date is arbitrary, and yet I can never stop myself from falling into that trap of thinking that I can, snake-like, shed a skin and be renewed. And I can never quite stop myself from feeling disappointed when this proves not to be the case and come July I'm still the same vaguely misanthropic malcontent with a big nose and anger issues.

Here's my New Year Payne's Grey:

My blog came to a rather sudden halt some time back in November - and I've had complaints! The reasons for this breakdown in communications are many, but I will be magically filling in the gaps with blogs I started but never published.

3 comments:

  1. Happy New Year!

    I know what you mean about melancholy and happiness mingled together. For me, the 360 (today is the fifth so...) ahead bring me excitment, but also a bit of fear ... a lot can happen - good or bad - and that second one frightens me a bit.

    Just being silly, I think :)

    Have a great one!
    Frini

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Frini. Let's hope for a good one. Though it hasn't exactly got off to a good start has it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, it hasn't. But let's do hope for the best :)

    Frini

    ReplyDelete