Saturday, 15 November 2008

War stories for boys


Ian Lamb got in contact from Bloomsbury yesterday to tell me that Uncle Montague's Tales of Terror has been nominated for yet another award. It has been shortlisted for the Calderdale Children's Book of the Year, which is great news. Thanks to all concerned.

I also forgot to mention that Scholastic sent me a proof of their cover for War Stories for Boys - a compendium of some of the My Story series - including my Battle of Britain book. It is due out next March.

Something tells me they may have to do something about that black on black type before then. . .

NB: Apologies to the designers of War Stories for Boys. They did not have black on black type. That was an anomaly created when I scanned the cover in and I was obviously reacting to that image rather than the actual thing. The type is very clearly metallic gold in the actual thing. and perfectly legible.

No comments:

Post a Comment