Tuesday, 14 October 2008

You are talking such rubbish

I was interviewed By John-Paul Holden of The Big Issue this morning by phone. I am never keen on being interviewed. It is such an unnatural process. In a conversation, what you say is always being modified and adjusted in relation to what the other person says. It is so odd having someone simply ask you a series of questions and certainly strange to never hear the words, 'You are talking such rubbish.' Or maybe that's just me.

A couple of boxes of books arrived from Doodled Books today. I haven' opened them yet, but they are copies of Tales of Terror from the Black Ship. I will try and remember to scan a few of them in before I send the doodled copies back to Claire.

I also received an email from James Fraser at Random House asking me if I'd be interested in illustrating the follow-up to Joe Rat by Mark Barrett - a book I illustrated at about this time last year under the effects of a hideous cold. And in principle I would. I have been on an extended sabbatical from the world of illustration, and I quite like the idea of getting back into it.

And I spoke to Ian Lamb at Bloomsbury about the Young Librarians Group event I'm doing on Friday.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Chris, just wanted to let you know that you whatever you say, it will be a load of rubbish to me

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are heckling me from Tasmania! The wonders of modern technology. Discuss...

    I was wondering what the hell had happened to you. Hope everything is going well with you guys...

    ReplyDelete