Friday, 10 October 2008

What's happening?

So - what am I up to now I am back in sunny Cambridge?

Well - I am recovering from having a tooth out on Tuesday afternoon. I was still jet-lagged when I went to the dentist. The place was modern and high-tech, but that did not stop the dentist getting medieval on my jaw with something that was basically a small monkey-wrench. Lots of cracking and crunching ensued.

I heard from Tony Bradman whilst I was in Brazil and he sent me a proposal to have a look at. I had hoped to work with Tony on a historical fiction project for Usborne, but it fell through. Maybe this one will work out.

Claire Main from Doodled Books got in touch and said she was going to send me some copies of Tales of Terror from the Black Ship to doodle in and I came back to find a couple of copies of the Colombian edition of Uncle Montague's Tales of Terror, published by Norma.

I am carrying on working my way through Helen Szirtes notes and queries on the manuscript of Tales of Terror from the Tunnel's Mouth. Isabel Ford is now my editor at Bloomsbury, but Helen is working on the book as a freelancer. I am very happy as always to have her input.

And yesterday I got an email from John Pilger - yes, THAT John Pilger. He wrote to tell me that he liked Payne's Grey, my strip in the New Statesman. I don't get a lot of fan mail to be honest - but the quality!

2 comments:

  1. Ouch! I can honestly say that tooth removal is beastly,I nearly passed out when I had a dentist practically stand on top of my chest to hoik mine out. Good luck with the fine tuning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tooth extraction is one of those things that can't really be made any more pleasant short of sedation and surgery really. I had one pulled on my birthday of all days a few years ago and it really is the best incentive to go to the dentist more often!

    ReplyDelete