Wednesday, 15 October 2008

Miles to go before he sleeps

Joad Raymond - or should I say the Welsh Johnny Depp (see earlier posting) - popped round this evening to collect his son - who is a good friend of my son. We had the briefest of chats before they had to go. As they were preparing to cycle away into the darkness his son asked if I had read Joad's blog and I had to confess I hadn't. I had tried and failed to find it by Googling but I now have the address and have added it to the list on the left. It is called 'miles to go before I sleep' - as in the lovely Frost poem:

The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

It is about running and about writing about running and probably many other things besides, as blogs inevitably are.

Speaking of blogs, I should also make a point of saying that Peter Kirkham has also started one. Peter has been sending me random emails for months and I never know what the hell I'm going to find when I open them up. His blog is likewise a kind of scrapbook of anything and everything Peter finds interesting. It's like having a good old root about inside his head.

And I mean that in a good way.

No comments:

Post a Comment