Wednesday, 6 August 2008

What's happening?

Well, I'm home alone at the moment, the family being away enjoying the rain-soaked pleasures of the West Country. I am just going through the last of the comments about Tales of Terror from the Tunnel's Mouth sent to me by Sarah Odedina at Bloomsbury. There isn't a huge amount to do, but somehow it always seems to take longer than you think to change a word here, and swap a phrase there.

As soon as those changes are in I will crack on with Ghosts, my new book. It will be good to get to grips with a long novel again and I hope to get that done by the end of the year for publication early in 2010. But of course, things are not quite finished with Tunnel's Mouth. The copy editing will go into much greater detail. It only seems five minutes ago I was doing the final edit on Tales of Terror from the Black Ship.

And I forgot to mention that the US copies of the Black Ship came in a week or so ago. Here is a spread showing David Robert's rather fine illustrations to a story called Irezumi, about a tattoo that. . .Well, I think I'll let you find out what happens with that tattoo when the book comes out in October.


And in a very short amount of time I'm flying up to Edinburgh to appear at the Book Festival there. I'm doing my thing at 11.30 on Sunday 17 August at the RBS Corner Theatre, so if you happen to be passing, drop in. I'll be the sweaty one up on stage.

I haven't been to Edinburgh for years and have never been when the festival was on. I'm looking forward to it. You can get a masterclass in illustration from David Roberts at the RBS Workshop Tent between 5.30 and 7pm on Saturday 16 August.

No comments:

Post a Comment