Sunday, 10 August 2008

Happy stupid people

I have been doing a blitz on my office over the last few days. Having come to the (almost) end of Tales of Terror from the Tunnel's Mouth, it seemed like a good time to clear the decks before really getting to grips with Ghosts, my next project.

I never did get to meet up with Chris Riddell on Friday. His journey was disrupted by engineering works and we ran out of time. I hope I'll get to see him in Norfolk whilst he is on his August break. Apart from anything else I will want him to sign replacement copies of some of my son's books ruined in our leak. Chris has given him lots of books over the years and they are a special part of his collection.

There was one of those questionnaire things in the Guardian magazine yesterday. I can't say I had ever heard of Slavoj Zizek and reading his questionnaire, I'm not sure I want to actually meet him, but some of the answers did amuse me. For example. . .

Q: What makes you depressed?
A: Seeing stupid people happy.

Q: How do you relax?
A: Listening again and again to Wagner

Q: What is your favourite smell?
A: Nature in decay, like rotten trees.

Q: What is the most important lesson life has taught you?
A: That life is a stupid, meaningless thing that has nothing to teach you.

No comments:

Post a Comment