Friday, 15 August 2008

Edinburgh here I come

I went to see my Swedish dentist today to see how my teeth have improved. They have improved - but not so much that he does not recommend pulling one out and doing surgery on my gums. I expressed a little concern over the pain involved. 'There would be no pain,' he said. 'You will feel us pulling and tearing, but there will be no pain.' Well that's alright then.

I'm getting my stuff ready for Edinburgh, trying to decide what to wear. I have a bad track record when it comes to packing my own case. I have a habit of leaving some vital item behind.

My spot is at 11.30 in the morning and it's quite hard to do spooky at 11.30 in the morning. I can be quite scary at that time, but not in a good way. I'm just fascinated to see how the whole thing works and excited by the chance to meet some other Bloomsbury authors. I fly up tomorrow lunchtime and I'm back again about the same time Sunday.

For now I leave you with a creature who, unlike me, has enjoyed the wet weather in my back garden. That's about as handsome as a slug gets, I reckon. . .


No comments:

Post a Comment