Thursday, 17 July 2008

Laptop

My new laptop arrived today. Or am I supposed to call it a notebook? Anyway - it arrived and I looked at it and was basically too nervous - having never had one before - to actually even plug it in.

The idea is that I will become a bit more mobile in terms of where I can write. I may even write at my studio sometimes. It is actually pretty quiet there. The second-hand furniture trade occupying much of the yard is not exactly booming.

I do have a kind of perfect writing environment in my head - a lovely office, lined with book and a view out onto. . .Well, I'm less sure of that. Unfortunately you tend to get the writing space you deserve - in that it inevitably becomes a reflection of your personality and creative process.

Mine is a mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment