Saturday, 5 July 2008

The Kaves

I went to The Junction here in Cambridge last night to see Liam Parker play in his band The Kaves. I have known Liam since he was a baby and it was a real treat to see him playing lead guitar up there on stage. Check out the link to their MySpace site and have a listen.

The crowd was a bit small and seemed to consist almost exclusively of teenage girls (plus a couple of old-timers like myself). Liam is the son of very good friends of ours - Kate and Carl Parker - and it was great to see them too. Kate used to share a studio with my wife next door to one the one I rented in Shoreditch many years ago.

I had a conversation with Kate over the top of the earlier band, the sound so loud that I could here one in every fifteen words Kate said. I got an early idea of what it must be like to be ninety and deaf and just nodding with a stupid grin on your face to questions you haven't really heard properly. We escaped with their friend Mark for some relative peace and a chat. I really am officially too old for this kind of thing.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Chris,
    We came across your weblog after looking through some old college photo and decided to google your name. We were at Manchester Poly at the same time although you knew my wife Norma Williams and her mate Lindsay Bates a bit more than me. You also knew our mate, Paul Seaman pretty well too. Glad to see that you're doing well. Good luck.
    Pete Camponi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pete. What a nice surprise. Great to hear from you. I remember you well though it's been a very long time. The last time I saw you was in London back in 81 or so. Give my regards to Paul, Lindsay and Norma. Hope all is well with you too.

    ReplyDelete