Thursday, 24 July 2008

Hadrian


I went to London today with my son, to go and see the excellent new Hadrian exhibition at the British Museum. We walked a long stretch of Hadrian's Wall last year and my son, like many 11 year-old boys (and their fathers), is fascinated by the Roman Empire.

I got back to see an email from Sarah Odedina from Bloomsbury saying how much she had enjoyed Tales of Terror from the Tunnel's Mouth. That means I can now relax a little before starting on the inevitable changes that will we asked for and that will occur to me once I read it through again. And then it will be time to start on the next book. . .

So what is next? Well, I am about to start on a more conventional novel -rather than the portmanteau novels I have been doing lately. The book is provisionally entitled Ghosts and will have a similar Victorian Gothic setting.
More of that another time. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment