Monday, 2 June 2008

Writing is strange

A bit of a disrupted day, one way and another. I haven't been to my studio for over a week now, so I am looking forward to doing that this week. Maybe my paintings are better than I remember them being. It's always possible.


My new book is all there now, but it has a few thin bits and a few holes. Writing is a strange process. A book grows bit by bit - word by word - page by page - chapter by chapter. But if it is going to be anything more than that, there comes a point where it needs to become a whole. This is a mysterious process, a little like painting (or at least it seems so to me).


There comes a point where it just feels right - it feels finished.

2 comments:

  1. Just stumbled across your blog..nice to know things are going well with the writing. Just finished reading the Tom Marlowe stuff (any more planned, btw?) and loved Uncle Monatgue's. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for that. Glad you liked Uncle Montague. Sadly, Tom Marlowe is on ice, which is a real shame because I still had lots of things I wanted him to do. One day maybe.

    ReplyDelete