Wednesday, 2 April 2008

What am I doing?

Well, as usual, I am doing several things. . .

I am doing my usual weekly Payne's Grey strip for the New Statesman, which requires not only the time I spend doing the actual published version of the strip every week, but also time for writing the scripts and drawing the characters. What I have not been doing, is getting to my studio at all. My routine has been thrown out by writing projects and my son's Easter holidays.

I am sorting out the final edit on Tales of Terror from the Black Ship. Next week I will go into Bloomsbury's offices in Soho Square and work through any last remaining problems with my editor Helen Szirtes and then have a chat with Adrian Downie about the website.

I am also in the process of sorting out, via my agent Philippa Milnes-Smith, the next couple of Bloomsbury books, what they will be and when they will come out. I have started work on these already and I am very excited about them. More about the specifics at a later date.

I am also working on a couple of historical fiction ideas, one of which I will be writing a couple of chapters for. I don't want to say too much about this at the present time as it might not develop into anything. At the moment I have just written a short synopsis. Until there is a contract all books are hypothetical (and all work therefore unpaid I might add), but if it goes ahead I'll give more details.

I am also working on a top secret job that I cannot talk about at all and I am only mentioning to make myself sound more cool and exciting. It does exist though. The job, that is. Honest. Though it isn't really a job quite yet, it is more of a pitch. And it is top secret. So I will have to ask you to swallow this blog when you've read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment