Thursday, 20 March 2008

May the creepiest man win

I happened to have a look at Michael (Achuka) Thorn's achokablog last night and noticed - with a great deal of pleasure - that I seem to be up for an award. Uncle Montague's Tales of Terror has been shortlisted for the UKLA Children's Book Award although I am up against some very good writers.

That said, I have heard nothing from my publisher or agent so it could all be some terrible mistake. I checked the UKLA website and there is no mention of the shortlist. So I'm hoping that Michael Thorn is right.

The shortlist was chosen by teachers and the award is given to honour writers whose use of language has a powerful impact on the reader. The winners will be announced in July.

Picture Book Shortlist:

The Cow that Laid an Egg - Andy Cutbill & Russell Ayto

The Way Back Home - Oliver Jeffers

A Long Way Home - Elizabeth Baguley & Jane Chapman

Eliza and the Moonchild - Emma Chichester Clark

Stuck in the Mud - Jane Clarke & Garry Parsons

Penguin - Polly Dunbar

Fiction Shortlist:

Here Lies Arthur - Philip Reeve.

Give me Shelter - Ed.Tony Bradman

Uncle Montague's Tales of Terror - Chris Priestley

Anna Hibiscus - Atinuke

My Dad's a Birdman - David Almond

Tamburlaine's Elephants - Geraldine McCaughrean

The Bower Bird - Ann Kelly

The Story Spinner told by Phil McDermott

No comments:

Post a Comment